Bottom dweller ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys im stocking a 30x12x15 25g its ready cycled with 1x ctenopoma acutirostre and now 4 feeder guppy fry, im looking for some colourful bottom feeders to put in. ive worked out with 4x bumblebee corys im 54% stocked and with 4xbumblebee cats im 60% stocked. im trying to keep my stocking level as low as possible. i like leopard frog plecos but can only really have 1 or 2 at a push. im after something that will eat bloodworms, larvae etc, cause my ctenopoma doesnt eat everything i put in and once it hits the deck it waits till i hoover it up.

i already have 6 juliis in another tank but am after something a bit different. i really like the bumblebee cats but im just wondering is anybody else has any ideas i also like upside down catfish but i dont think they are bottom dwellers.

it cant be too small cause it may eventually become food and it cant be too aggressive\dominant as my ctenopoma is a fairly docile predator. i was after something for an african biotope but that really puts a big cap on things so im just looking at anything colourful and compatable

any ideas are very much appreciated

thanks

dean

Raphael Cat? May eventually outgrow the tank though.

I like the look of the raphael cat but i dont really want to rehome it when it gets bigger plus if the tanks too small doesnt that stunt growth and i might not see it get too big while the fish suffers. Ill look into it tho they are nice fish

I thought they need a bigger tank cause they are very active. Loaches are some of my favourite fish clowns being my fav but i know how big they get i have 4 polka dot loaches in my 45g they are lovely. Im gonna have to check what i can get hold of at the lfs i think the frog plecos will take meat and worms etc after reading up on their prefered diet.

Raphael cats top out at about 8"-9", but they're not very active. I had one in a 29g for a lot of years before I moved him to the 40B so he'd stop eating my little fish.

+1 for the khulis. They're a lot of fun. I've got several in my 29g now and they don't seem cramped at all. They like to hide under the driftwood, perch on the plants, and occasionally go ripping around the tank for no particular reason.

Back
Top Bottom