Bubbles coming from filter and Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tozebeach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My girlfriend has a 2.5 gallon betta minibow tank that she just started up a few days ago. It has been pretty cloudy, I am not sure why? Also, her water level was low (about two inches from top) and I had her raise it up so you couldnt see the waterline from the outside, and ever since then the filter has been shooting out bubbles. Any reason it would be doing this? It is a Micro Whisper Internal Filter that came with the 2.5 minibow kit. Thanks for any help. The betta seems to be doing fine, just want to make the tank look nicer.

It's cloudly because it's new and not cycled. Doing 75% water changes every 2-3 days will help. Also, cut back feeding to every other day. I'd also bet you have detectable ammonia in your tank, another reason to do frequent water changes. After the tank ages some more, the cloudiness will go away.

As far as the filter shooting out bubbles, try unplugging it and washing the inside, the plugging it back in. Sometimes it just gets "stuck".

I'd agree with DT. The cloudiness is normal and part of a new tank. The bubbles in the filter should be easily removed by doing what DT recommends. Doing the water changes will be necessary to keep the betta healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom