Buy decor for new 30gal tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanks2u

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking online for places to buy good quality rock, interesting wood and good quality silk or plastic plants to start in my new tank. I plan to add some Java fern and a few simple live plants over time.
This is to be a basic natural looking community tank as I am just starting and totally new to the hobby. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated...:thanks:

To be honest I've probably used a dozen online shops now local and international and never really had any trouble.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Fosters and Smith. Their drift wood/mopani wood seems very fairly priced, shipping is fast and their customer service has been helpful whenever I called.

Looking online for places to buy good quality rock, interesting wood and good quality silk or plastic plants to start in my new tank. I plan to add some Java fern and a few simple live plants over time.

This is to be a basic natural looking community tank as I am just starting and totally new to the hobby. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated...:thanks:

FYI there are at least 4-5 species of Java Fern so that can offer some nice variety and still be easy to grow. I highly recommend Crypts also. They just need DIY root tabs.

c7ef64e2ca83de80affc3f87caeb6228.jpg

Planted tanks are awesome starring Corydoras habrosus ( puppies with fins)
https://vimeo.com/157994300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also try to find out if you have a local fish club that can save you a ton of money. Most of my plants and wood have been free or very cheap.

297feeeffd7dd0d39efa4ef05b972ba0.jpg

My 55g. Everything except fish was given to me by various club members.
Tank, stand and $400 light fixture plus big canister filter was from one member. He tried to give me a 250 gallon tank, but I said no.

Then my club had a meeting at my house and donated all the hard scape and plants and another member helped me scape it.

I do belong to the really awesome club [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be careful about adding wood to your new tank. Unless it can be guaranteed that it is aquarium friendly, I wouldn't add it. Especially don't add that pretty piece of drift wood you find at the beach (if you live by the ocean). It is full of salt and other things that might harm your fish.

Thanks everybody for your comments and help. I certainly appreciate it. Being totally new to the hobby I am trying to minimize my mistakes and obviously I have much to learn.
Best wishes to all for aqua success !!

Back
Top Bottom