Buying Freshwater Tank, Need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpcruz28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, new here.
I had a tank many years ago and Im buying this kit thats is affordable:
AquaEl Econoline 70 Rectangular Aquarium Kit | Aquarium Supplies

I remember using gravel but I can see many people using white sand that looks very nice and cleaner.
So, which kind looks best and how much I need for this tank in particular( how deep I should use to avoid problems).
Also I would like to keep some snails and shrimps as cleaner(and also is cool)
Any suggestions about type of plants? I saw this aquarium and I liked, can you tell me which type? Do I need use any filter under the sand?
Sprial Horn Nerite Snail - Algae Eater - YouTube
Thanks in advance and I will keep reading your forum for advices and "how to's" .
Regards

no filter under the sand. With the T5 light you can keep a variety of plants. Our names in the USA may be different than yours for the plants but you can try anubias, java fern, windelov fern, crypts, swords (although they may get too tall for your tank). There are also bulbs like lilies and apongeton that you can buy. Best wishes with your new tank!

With the sand I would do about 2 to 2.5 inches deep. You will also need plant fertilizer. I don't know what kinds are available to you. I use a brand called Flourish from Seachem and we also have API brand called Leafzone. Those are liquids. There are also tablets you stick in the substrate called root tabs, those are good for the swords and crypts.

Back
Top Bottom