can i add more anglefish to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frank98284

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55gal tank with 2 male angles 5 rosey barbs and 1 raphael catfish
I would like to add . two female angles is this ok. i hear that three pairs is the magic number.

thanks for your help

Not 3 pairs in a 55. I keep 6 pairs in a 220g that is heavily planted which is the only reason it works. Also how do you know you have two males? Did you buy adults that had already spawned?

Just a guess i am new to anglefish what is the best way to tell they are decent size fish and i have had them for three months they seem happy.

There is no way to tell 100% sure until they spawn. Angels mature at 8 months and if spawning occurs the male's breeding vent will look like a sharpened pencil tip and the females will look like the blunt end of a pencil earser. The females breeding vent is easy to see when it drops.

they need a male and female to spawn right ?

Yes but sometimes a same sex pair, especially females will "try" spawning. Pairs tend to stay together and when ready to spawn will begin cleaning a spot over and over so the female can lay her eggs.

Yes but sometimes a same sex pair, especially females will "try" spawning. Pairs tend to stay together and when ready to spawn will begin cleaning a spot over and over so the female can lay her eggs.

ok well i keep an eye on them. but i have a feeling they are both males :)

Back
Top Bottom