Can I add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arklatex

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got 4 platies, 8 rasboras, and 2 mystery snails in my 20h. Can I add more fish or am I at my limit. BTW the tank is cycled and planted. I would like to another larger fish or a few smaller ones if i can.

The filtration is a bio-wheel 150gph. Not sure about what fish yet. Any suggestions?

You could add a colorful dwarf gourami or a Bolivian Ram. Or you could do 6 Panda Cory Cats for bottom swimmers. I suggested Pandas because they are smaller cory's.

If your substrate is sand or round (not sharp) rocks/gravel you could try 4-6 corys: dwarf, pygmy or panda would be good. You could add a small centerpiece fish like a dwarf or sparkling gourami (don't get any of the larger types).

I'd recommend adding another filter or upgrading your current one though if you're going to add more fish.

Thanks, I like the idea of the corys. The filter I have seems to make a current in the tank, would that stress a dwarf gourami? I think I heard that they like still water.

All tanks should have some current. Is it the kind of current that is going to blow the fish around? One idea is you could move the filter to one end of the tank creating a quiet end and a current end. That's usually do with my smaller tanks and it's always worked pretty well for me.

Back
Top Bottom