Can I add vinegar or lemon juice to my water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
My angels are suffering do to very hard water and high ph. I was wondering if adding natural acidic juicers to the water would have any affect. If I add lemon or lime juice or even vinegar to the water will it help?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good lord do not add vinegar or lemon juice in to your fish tank!!! This is a joke, isnt it? sigh, I fell for it.

Good lord do not add vinegar or lemon juice in to your fish tank!!! This is a joke, isnt it? sigh, I fell for it.

Vinegar is actually perfectly safe to add to the water. Reefers do it quite often. However it won't do an ounce of good for solving pH issues. I would say it's probably a different story for lemon or lime juice.

How do you know your angels are "suffering"
What are your parameters?
Also, what is your pH?

95% of the time an aquarium pH is perfectly fine for pretty much any kind of fish that are in the hobby. Stability is far more important than hitting the perfect numbers.

Vinegar is actually perfectly safe to add to the water. Reefers do it quite often. However it won't do an ounce of good for solving pH issues. I would say it's probably a different story for lemon or lime juice.

How do you know your angels are "suffering"

What are your parameters?

Also, what is your pH?

95% of the time an aquarium pH is perfectly fine for pretty much any kind of fish that are in the hobby. Stability is far more important than hitting the perfect numbers.

Much better response.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

agreed, tank raised fish have most times adapted to your local PH already, chances are the store that sold you those fish have the same PH as you.

when your dealing with wild caught fish you need to be more precise on their water parameters

Back
Top Bottom