Can someone check my math for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardex

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am rebuilding my 55 gallon tank after a heater meltdown killed most of the fish and a large part of the plants currently it has 9 Cory's of mixed types and 1 6 inch clown loach that was rescued from a neighbors kids 10 gallon tank, I think I am going to add the following 13 small tetras either glow light or neon depending on what looks better in the store the day I buy them and then 2 weeks later add 11 Harlequin rasbora the tank. I currently have an aqua clear 70 and an emperor 280 filters on the tank. Will this setup work or should I reduce each of the additions by 2 ?

That would work but the clown loach has to go IMO. They do better in groups, for one, and a group of adults needs a 200+ gal tank.

That would work but the clown loach has to go IMO. They do better in groups, for one, and a group of adults needs a 200+ gal tank.

I agree..the clown can't do.. Not sure if you would need 200+, I like 150 or so would work.

I know the loach needs a bigger home and have been trying to find him one for a while but the only lfs in 50 miles closed a few years ago all we have is a pets mart. I got him when a neighbor ask me to help her with the cloudy water in her kids 10 gallon tank went over she had 6 mollys 3 of the neon pink glow fish and the loach, the 55 with my Angles was a big improvement, I would love to set up a bigger tank for him but my lease will not allow anything over 55 gallons in a single tank or more then 100 in total. The good thing about him is that he thinks he is a Cory and they all think he is one of them so he does not have any of the issues with sleeping on his side or hiding under the driftwood

Back
Top Bottom