Can you mix Oscars...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrystalClear

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
with any other type of other fish? I am getting a difference of opinions from different fish stores. Some say you can as long as you introduce them at the same time and some people say they will only go by themselves. A friend of mine said they might go okay with Plecos or other bottom dwellers, but was unsure. I have a 75 gal tank and plan to get some type of Cichlid. Also how many Oscars would you put in a 75 gal? I know they can get to be 15" with right tank and conditions.

Thanks

I've always loved raising oscars. I've always raised them until my recent venture into African Cichlid Peacoks and Haps.

My advice would b 2 oscars because they get large and very aggressive. I also introuduce and raised with my oscars Tinfoil barbs which are equal in size as adults and never had an issue..You need to know that you need to follow your heart. some will say u can some will say you cant...but they are compatible with fish that are potentially the same size with same water params

yes they can go with other fish though i really feel 75 is the minimum for one.

hm easily you can keep those fishes..you can keep 2 arowana 4 parrot and 2 senegal.

those fish get HUGE! I saw a picture of one that was easily 2' long and they said it was just a baby. I wouldnt even consider putting any of those fish in my 150g, much less a 75g

Holy cow those are nice fish but way too big for my tank. Maybe somewhere down the road. I have heard the maximum number of Oscars for a 75 gal tank is like 2.

75g = 1 oscar
90g (48x24x24) = 2 oscars

you definatly want alot of filtration they are very messy fish

Back
Top Bottom