Canister Filter Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No going back now! Pipes cut in half, also had to cut the intake tube down
It was twice the height of my tank when I put it together. Off to Bunnings tomorrow to get some hose clamps.
Will take more pictures when I get it hooked up to the tank.

Well that did not work! Could not tighten the clamps down tight enough, could not stop them leaking. Will have to bite the bullet and cut extension holes in my filter box. Set it up temporarily while I wait for a new set of pipes to arrive.IMG_1635.jpg

New pipes arrived got a Dremel rotary tool and have now modified my filter, still need to shorten the tubing and attach the new outlet piping, but as almost done.IMG_1924.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg

No in the photo above the pipe with the rag on it still leaks but it is only just dribbling into the tank. I have the new pipe to put on it, I am going to swap them over and trim the hoses to the correct length next weekend, the canister had been running for 6 weeks so want to give it a clean.

Good luck! Hate it when pipes leak. Last xmass, gave up and bought a new canister filter which solved it, although would hate to do that every xmass.

Canister filter all done! Modifications done new pipes fitted no leaks! Yay.
Now I have to do the same thing to my small tank [emoji30].

Speaking of my 90 liter tank I finally got hold of some Anubias for my tank, rare as hen's teeth here in Perth! My local pet shop ordered some in for me two pots arrived today, they are still trying to get me some more and some Java Fern as well, I am trying to change out most of the fake plants with real ones, have to be low tech low light plants.

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1947.jpg
    IMG_1947.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 61
Good that you resolved the leak, probably the least fun thing about canisters. Had some water spilled yesterday myself, nothing major, but still gives this uneasy feeling.

Definetly try Amazon sword. Easy and grows in any light. Your substrate looks fine enough for its roots to grab. Since it's root feeder you might want to give it a root tab. Nothing beats the look of live plants! :)

You can remove the airstone as the outflow from your canister will agitate the surface sufficiently. Unless you like the look of it of course

Good luck!

Good that you resolved the leak, probably the least fun thing about canisters. Had some water spilled yesterday myself, nothing major, but still gives this uneasy feeling.

Definetly try Amazon sword. Easy and grows in any light. Your substrate looks fine enough for its roots to grab. Since it's root feeder you might want to give it a root tab. Nothing beats the look of live plants! :)

You can remove the airstone as the outflow from your canister will agitate the surface sufficiently. Unless you like the look of it of course

Good luck!

Hi, canister only leaked because I modified the pipes to fit into my existing filter, I brought a new set of outlet pipes swapped them over and all is good[emoji16]

I will keep my eyes out for some Sword, I have fine sand substrate, I also have a bottle of Seachem Florish, would that be enough to keep the plants happy, or still need the fert tabs as well?

My Cory's love surfing in the air bubbles lol, so I have left them in the tank for now.

Back
Top Bottom