Catfish for a 37 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaTetra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, in my 37 gallon tank I have 9 black neon tetras, 3 marbled hatchetfish, a guppy, and a clown pleco. I had some pygmy corys, but thy all gradually died. It wasn't one cause, but they didn't do well. The last couple, the pleco mightve bullied a bit. My question is, is there any catfish I could get in there that work great and are hardy? Nothing that looks like a pleco.... I'm not necessarily looking for just a bottom dweller either. Are glass cats okay in a 37? I don't want to do upside-downs in this one, although that would be really cool in another tank. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Well, in my 37 gallon tank I have 9 black neon tetras, 3 marbled hatchetfish, a guppy, and a clown pleco. I had some pygmy corys, but thy all gradually died. It wasn't one cause, but they didn't do well. The last couple, the pleco mightve bullied a bit. My question is, is there any catfish I could get in there that work great and are hardy? Nothing that looks like a pleco.... I'm not necessarily looking for just a bottom dweller either. Are glass cats okay in a 37? I don't want to do upside-downs in this one, although that would be really cool in another tank. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
Corys would be good, glass cats would work too but they do best in groups of 6 and I think you would probably be over stocked? A pictus cat would need a larger tank.

AlThough u said no pleco for my big tank I have 3 albino bristlenose pleco and they do not disturbe anyone else in the tank and do a good job at cleaning the plants and decorations. Here is a pic of one.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1416144632426.jpg
    1416144632426.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 222
Pictus cats would eat most of your fish. A banjo cat or some panda corydoras could work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom