Changing from Salt water to Brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toughguy1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I currently have a 75 gal. SW tank with a wet dry filter and and protein skimmer. I originally had a zebra lion, a yellow tang, a clown, and a blue devil in there. Unfortunately, I let the PH get a little low and lost the lion and the tang. I had had the tang for over 3 years. Anyhow, I was planning on finding a home for the clown and blue devil and changing my tank to brackish. I really like the figure 8's. I would like to investigate also having a columbian shark and a scat or two. According to Live Aquaria, the PH ranges have a common overlap at 7.5. So, Please advise on that and also advise on switching from salt water to brackish. Is there any chance of slowing reducing the salinity and maintaining the bacteria? If I have to cycle the tank, that is fine. What salinity do you recommend? I like the bumble bee gobie but it requires a higher PH. Any other fish recommendations for bottom cleaners and/or glass cleaners? Final comments: I currently have a coarse sand in the bottom and rock decorations (not live rock). Is that OK to keep? Do I absolutely need RO/DI water for Brackish water changes? Do I need real plants?

Back
Top Bottom