Choices for stocking my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zparticle said:
1> Post a video to youtube, type text in a reply on this site, highlight the text, click the link button (Earth with a chain link), enter video URL.
2> Yes

Gravel can hurt corys barbs sand is better

I keep cories on a smooth natural looking gravel that's fine. I've found most gravel is OK...but there are some too jagged and sharp.

This stuff seems like it was run through a rock tumbler, almost all of it is smooth. The occasional little broken piece is in there.

I'd make the 55 sand if u can

So not to get way off topic here but is there a special kind/size of sand for this? Also, if I wanted to do real plants would I have to have soil under the sand or can I get away with just sand?

Links to discussions or articles would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

So not to get way off topic here but is there a special kind/size of sand for this? Also, if I wanted to do real plants would I have to have soil under the sand or can I get away with just sand?
Pool filter sand is probably the most popular that isn't crazy expensive. No you don't have to do soil. You can do live plants in just about any substrate.

Links to discussions or articles would be very helpful, thanks in advance.
pool filter sand is fine

Back
Top Bottom