Clean up crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 60 gallon tropical. I was thinking of getting a cleanup crew. I was maybe thinking of getting some Kuhli loaches cause they look cool. What kind of clean up crew do you guys have?

If your talking about bottom feeders, then cory cats, most loaches, and snails such as mystery and ramshorns are all good. I keep several species of cory cats and yo-yo loaches which are my favorites. Kuhli's are also good loaches but be sure to get 6 as they like to be kept in groups.

firstly,if youre just getting them to clean up the tank, buy a gravel vacuum. if youre getting them because bottom feeders are some of the awesomest fish ever, we'll need more info. what else is in the tank? whats the substrate?

alLexX said:
firstly,if youre just getting them to clean up the tank, buy a gravel vacuum. if youre getting them because bottom feeders are some of the awesomest fish ever, we'll need more info. what else is in the tank? whats the substrate?

Already got a gravel vac. Lol I guess this should just be a bottom feeder thread lol. I have sand as my substrate. Pictus cats a tiretrack eel and a gourami. And a Pleco will be part of my tank. With 6 Kuhli loaches will I be overstocked?

Already got a gravel vac. Lol I guess this should just be a bottom feeder thread lol. I have sand as my substrate. Pictus cats a tiretrack eel and a gourami. And a Pleco will be part of my tank. With 6 Kuhli loaches will I be overstocked?
pretty sure a tire track eel will outgrow a 60. how many pictus cats? they might eat khulis. what species of pleco? what species of gourami?

I know but he's still pretty small. By that time I should have saved up for a 180 gallon. Man maybe just some more Pictus cats I suppose. I don't wanna buy them just to he eaten.

Back
Top Bottom