cleaning my tanks decore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA. What type of other fish do you have and how big is the tank? If they're compatible with what you have, I highly recommend Otos and shrimp (Amanos are the best cleaners).

If you want to do it yourself...fill a bucket with water from the tank during a pwc, or dechlorinate tap water and use that. Never use water straight from the tap as the chlorine will kill the beneficial bacteria.

HAhaha. I was just wondering this same thing. I've got some wierd brown spots on my silk plants and my real ones after doing my fishless cycle. I'm going to see if I can't find out what it really is, but was curious how I cleaned stuff.

BldrArch said:
HAhaha. I was just wondering this same thing. I've got some wierd brown spots on my silk plants and my real ones after doing my fishless cycle. I'm going to see if I can't find out what it really is, but was curious how I cleaned stuff.

Diatoms. 100% common in virtually all newly cycled tanks (fishless and traditional). They burn themselves out and go away with time...but the fish I suggested above will tear through them.

Diatoms. 100% common in virtually all newly cycled tanks (fishless and traditional). They burn themselves out and go away with time...but the fish I suggested above will tear through them.

Awesome!!! I hadn't even started my research. Thanks! Sorry to hijack the post BTW.

Back
Top Bottom