Cleaning old tank for new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharpieItBlack

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm getting a betta in a few weeks. And I was given a free five gallon tank. There are area water stains or something that won't scrub off. Any ideas how to clean it? I read a vinegar and water mixture works, just rinse it really well after!! Then let air dry

You might need to just use an exacto knife and scrape it off but I've tried using vinegar but it didn't help me much.

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Soak a cloth or paper towel in vinegar and drape over the stain for a few hours then use a razor blade to carefully scrape it off. Rinse the tank out very well and its good to go. [/FONT]

Soak a cloth or paper towel in vinegar and drape over the stain for a few hours then use a razor blade to carefully scrape it off. Rinse the tank out very well and its good to go.

I'll try that! My dad has like this wall paper scraper thing I use to get parking permits off my car. I used it for my high school one a few years ago, was always told it was impossible to get off but I got it! And without damage to my windshield

Back
Top Bottom