Cloudy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbooker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi

I recently set up a new 36 gallon bowfront that I was given. To try and cycle it quicker I brought an extra filter from an already cycled tank and ran in on this tank.

I also added several new plants since since I'm a long drive from my local store.

While I was at work my tank went from relatively clear to very cloudy. I wasn't really expecting this and am just wondering if it sounds normal.

Thanks for the help.

Hiya,

Since you just started to cycle the tank it could be a Bacterial Bloom, this just means that the beneficial bacteria is establishing in your tank and should go away within a couple of days by itself, its also not harmful to your plants either.

On the other hand, what substrate did you use? it could be that it wasn't washed and rinsed throughly enough and clouded your tank, a water change around 50% should help with this! :)

Sand was my substrate but I did rinse it fairly well. I did a partial water change anyway. The cloudyness has mostly cleared already, so I'm guessing it was just a bacteria bloom.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom