Cloudy water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trickerie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all,

My 5g tank finished cycling last week and I put in a beautiful betta. Hes been doing great, all levels have been holding strong.

This morning I woke up to a cloudy tank! The water which used to be clear, is now not! I was planning on doing a water change today, so I did, but decided to do a bigger one (50%). I washed the filter material in the tank water, and put it back in. Sucked up as much stuff on my sand as I could before the water got too low. After adding the water back as slow as I could, the water looks even more cloudy! Could this be an algae bloom?

I have an active sponge filter from angels that I used to seed the tank, and as was suggested, since I could only use a little part, I put the rest of the sponge inside the tank. Should I remove it now? Could this be causing the cloudiness, since theres no air running through it?

Heres a picture:

img_1863856_0_76904ed2927cbae860e32b1fe9e1cf5c.jpg

vs

img_1863856_1_6ac1cb6c54104d91d45783ea3b2e5009.jpg

I'd say its a bacterial bloom, if you're confident that your filter is fully seeded, then yes try removing the rest of the sponge from the tank. This is just my opinion tho, I'm always learning :p

Back
Top Bottom