Cloudy Water! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not quite sure why are you bringing the biologists up then if you don't need their advice [emoji38]

Chances are OP who posted half a year ago resolved this issue in some way by now, but others looking for solution might be reading this. your suggestion of "I too have a cloudy water" sounded as if you saying it's a normal thing. It is not normal, it's a sign of a problem. I am not sure why you chose to disregard your problem let alone suggest others to disregard as well.
It is diffently a problem. I've had cloudy tank a few times, and I fix what ever I did or didn't do a.s.a.p. you gotta pin point the problem. I never had a so call "bacteria bloom" in my tank. The biggest reason some have it is because the filter is not big enough, not doing water changes as needed, over feeding.... The list goes on, and on. I didn't rise my polishing filter pad when I changed it one time, which caused white dusty particles to cloud my tank. I let the filter run for 1/2 an hour then shut it down cleaned the filter (canister) and did a 50-60% water change. Then did another 30% a little later. Cleared it up. Point is, it's a problem for the fish. Yes, it will usually clear up on its own. But it takes time for the filter to filter it all to clear it up.

It is diffently a problem. I've had cloudy tank a few times, and I fix what ever I did or didn't do a.s.a.p. you gotta pin point the problem. I never had a so call "bacteria bloom" in my tank. The biggest reason some have it is because the filter is not big enough, not doing water changes as needed, over feeding.... The list goes on, and on. I didn't rise my polishing filter pad when I changed it one time, which caused white dusty particles to cloud my tank. I let the filter run for 1/2 an hour then shut it down cleaned the filter (canister) and did a 50-60% water change. Then did another 30% a little later. Cleared it up. Point is, it's a problem for the fish. Yes, it will usually clear up on its own. But it takes time for the filter to filter it all to clear it up.
I just bought a Marineland Penguin BioWheel filter that is 350 gph (much stronger than my Aqueon), and will be used in my current tank until I get the bigger one. My current power filter is weak, inefficient and can't handle the bio load. The bacteria bloom is lessening but slowly. Very slowly.

I just bought a Marineland Penguin BioWheel filter that is 350 gph (much stronger than my Aqueon), and will be used in my current tank until I get the bigger one. My current power filter is weak, inefficient and can't handle the bio load. The bacteria bloom is lessening but slowly. Very slowly.
To help the filter out you can do water changes.

Or do 50% water changes twice a week minimum.
I just got my Marineland filter and set it up. That bad boy is running in the tank now. Its only been on an hour and the water is already a bit less cloudy! I left the other, weaker power filter running, too. And the sponge filter will stay. All this plus bigger water changes will be good until I buy a big tank and move it all over there.

Back
Top Bottom