Cloudy water when I add proper ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevekerr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had this tank 110 gallon tank runing for 2 months know it cycle got cloudy and then cleared up. Today I change the water and when I added apl proper ph 8.2 it was super cloudy as soon as I add it thought it would clear up but 12 hours later super cloudy
The nitrite a nitrate are high but used prime too de toxic it. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395030680.497265.jpg

Your tank is either not cycled or it is so overstocked that the bacteria can't keep up. How long have you had the tank? Tank size? Stock?you should have no nitrites, and no ammonia and about 30 nitrates. What test kit are you using?

Tank size 110 gallon tank is going into 3 mouth it cycled and about 3 weeks later it's nitrate and nitrites jump . Has 18-16 mix african cichlids 2 bubble bees 3 red zebras 2yellow labs 2 electric blues ob zebra and the others I can't remember. Test kit is the strip kind that dose all but amonia got it from petsmart adi and the amonia is the liquid kind adi as well

Your tank is recycling because you made the ph crash by adding ph buffer. Can I ask why your adding the buffer? 98% of all fish will adjust just fine to your tap ph. Whats your normal tap ph?

And if you can try and write a bit more proper so we can help a bit more. Some of your information is a bit contradicting to itself

My ph is low like 6.9 and they need 8.2 too be happy and I ment too say my tank is 2 months old and at 7 weeks the nitrites and nitrates jumped

Okay I dont recpmmend buffers. I recommend getting a bag of crushed coral and place it in a filter sock or mesh bag and do it like that. If your not keeping the ph a steady 8.2 with the buffer then it will result in a major crash.

Im also in belief your still cycling your tank so do a few big waterchanges and monitor your parameters but try and get an api master test kit. They are online for 20 bucks

My tank looks the same way I have had it 3years and never had a problem I had it tested did everything and I can't get it clear what did u do

Back
Top Bottom