clown loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i purchased a clown loach today and he doesnt seem to be very lively he seems to be staying at the end of tank and not swimming much. if anyone has any suggestions please give me some advice:(

May just be adjusting to his new surroundings. Watch him carefully over the next few days. His activity should pick up.

As said above, it's better to have a couple of clowns together, especially when they're younger so they have others to socialize and play around with. Did you acclimate it properly before putting it into your tank? And how are your water parameters? Clowns require pretty pristine water conditions most of the time. They're also pretty susceptible to Ich and other diseases -- keep a close eye on him over the next week or two.

he has started swimming a bit more now but i will keep an eye on him and will get him a buddy thanks guys

on the inside of the glass of my tank i have noticed there are tiny tiny white line shaped things that seem to be moving i noticed them before but they went away.they are really tiny you have to look really close to see them can any one tell me what these are and if they are supposed to be there if not how do i get rid of them they only seem to be on the glass and my fish are fine!!!!!!

I bought 3 clown loaches.
One disappeared and the other two took about 2 weeks to start swimming about the tank.

They are pretty active now.
Yours probably just needs some time to adjust, but a buddy for the loach would be nice.

Clown loaches are not good beginner fish. I'm not sure why so many pet stores sell them. They are prone to ich and grow to large sizes, not to mention you need lots of them in order to make your fish happy.

Back
Top Bottom