cofused with what to do with tanks , help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodgy

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so in abit of a pickle any help would be great :)

I currently have we well established 20 gallon which I cycled to 4ppm 6 months ago housing my platies and around 20 fry in a breeder net , which currently has 3 sponges running 2 have been in from the start and 1 for about 4 days

I have a new 40 gallon with a new canister filter ready to go and plan of keeping the 20g to house all the fry

what should I do ?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

can I swap everything from the 20g over to the 40g leaving out one of the established sponges for the 20g and place the fry in it
& then place the other established sponge with the one that's been in 4 days and also the canister

or do I keep the 20g running placing one of the established sponges in the new 40 to seed the new canister and re cycle with pure ammonia before adding the parents ?

any help would be great as this is only my second tank and really confused as what to do :) :thanks:

You can simply add one of the established sponged filters to the 40 and add the parents right away while leaving the other sponge in the 20 with the babies. Just make sure to keep a close eye on your params since a spike is possible.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok will try this , was scared of a spike happening and loosing my fry

Back
Top Bottom