Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

color me impatient

Started a new aquarium Friday, 38 gallon tank, measures 36 x 12 x 18.
Equipped it with a Cascade 700 cannister filter, Marineland 200watt heater and an Imagitarium air pump rated for 60 to 100 gallons. Made 5 trips to the local Jewel for 40 gallons of RO water. Treated the tank with both API stress coat and stress zyme. Tested the water for chemicals NI. NA, PH, Ammonia and hardness all check good so the question is when can I add some fish?
Plan to start out with Guppies and Cory's and will then add some Angel fish in a week or so.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can start a fish-in cycling. With a few hardy species. I always do fish-in. Just read up on it to be safe and monitor the water parameters

Old 03-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I don't know what R/O water costs to buy but I'm sure it is cheaper in the long run to buy an R/O system if you are going to continue to use R/O water. You can get a small one for $100 or less.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlederer View Post
I don't know what R/O water costs to buy but I'm sure it is cheaper in the long run to buy an R/O system if you are going to continue to use R/O water. You can get a small one for $100 or less.
Yeah, good advice. And occasionally I see them for sale slightly used for even less than that

Tags
color

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com