compability!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was just wondering, besides catfish what centerpiece fish besides live barriers? I was just wondering because I need a stocking list of peaceful freshwater fish that don't get too big & aren't aggressive. The tank I'm setting up is a 55 gallon long. Any Ideas? Thanks!

I don't really think of catfish as centerpiece fish, as they are at the bottom of the tank.

Is there anything in this tank right now or are you just getting ready to set it up....

You could have many different species that would make a peaceful community tank. Are there any specific species that you prefer?

I didn't mean that cafish were centerpiece just peaceful with live barriers but I'm just trying to get my stocking list & be set it up! I wanna have easy to breed community fish too any ideas?

I have a wonderful peaceful community tank with:

a flame gourami
kuhli loaches
rummynose tetras
white cloud mountain minnows
amano and ghost shrimp
mystery snails
bristlenose plecos

Guppies can go with lots of other fish :) I have 4 males guppies in my 70g with/
Bristlenoses
Cories
Golden gourami
Red tail shark (darn thing is hard to catch! Not very peaceful lol don't get one)
Black skirts
Rummynose
Mystery snails
SAE

I thought gouramis were semi aggressive, or does that depend on how much space tgey have? I wanna have enough swimming room for one or two.

So if I get one should I t should be planted well or that doesn't really matter?

I'm gonna do some research but are they pretty easy fish to handle? I just want to have good hardy fish.

flame_fish said:
I'm gonna do some research but are they pretty easy fish to handle? I just want to have good hardy fish.

Not super hardy. But if you keep your water clean and parameters in check they aren't too bad. As I said it really depends what kind you get. Dwarfs are notorious for bad health problems and dropping dead for no good reason. I have a dwarf and a golden and they are both beautiful fish.

Yeah, its just a thought but have you ever had mystery snails? I've heard alot of talk about them.

flame_fish said:
Yeah, its just a thought but have you ever had mystery snails? I've heard alot of talk about them.

Yes I've got 5 (4 gold, 1 brown) and I'm planning on 2 more for my new tank. They are poop machines! Lol. What would you like to know?

lol I heard they poop just as much as fish! But are mystery snails the ones that don't need a mate to have eggs? I wouldlike these snails just not hundreds of them lol!

flame_fish said:
lol I heard they poop just as much as fish! But are mystery snails the ones that don't need a mate to have eggs? I wouldlike these snails just not hundreds of them lol!

Lol. Yeah they have to be added into the total bioload of the tank. Mystery snails actually are male or female unlike many other snails that are both. Other snails you just need two and you get 100s babies. Mystery snails you need a male and a female to produce fertilized egg clutches.
There are many different snail species that all get labeled as apple/mystery snails. Most get to golf ball sized but some get to baseball size. Some eat plants others not so much.

Back
Top Bottom