Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My rn are usually hanging with my hexazona (5/6 banded barbs), they're buddies for sure!

Cory's! Or some khuli loaches for the bottom and maybe another school of tetras :) (i also have a 26 gallon Bowfront)

I'm thinking of a group of 4 Cory's and group of 6 neon tetra what about red minors or barbs know there a bit aggressive I love tiger barbs but the size comparison on the rn and tiger barbs scare me a little

Also would the rn school up with the neons I once had zebra danios and them and the neons schooled up but yea thanks for all the help

If you had wanted another low swimming schooler, I agree that cardinals would be fun. Also, black neons give some nice contrast. Cories or kuhlis are great. You will see the cories more though.
A few options for different fish are rams, apistos, dwarf gourami, hatchets, bristlenose pleco, harlequin rasboras, smaller rainbow fish (celebes, furcata, threadfin), a single angelfish or mollies.

I really like the look of the hatches would a group of 3 do good 4 neons the rn and group of 3-4 Cory's or would that be to much

I would do a larger group of 6 hatchets. Since you are not putting a ton of stock in the tank, I think I are fine to get 5-6 neons as well. They often school with rummies, but no guarantees. So, I would get an actual school of them. Also, yes, 4 cories would still be fine. None of these fish are big or especially messy, so you won't be overly pressing the bioload. I would not add much an anything else though after this. That is a fair amount of fish for your space. Make sure to keep up on pwc to keep your params in check. I don't think it will be a terrible issue though.
If I was you, I would go cories, a 6 hatchets, and then just add a few more rummies instead of adding a different species because the rummies look so impressive when they school around together. I am definitely a rummy fan.

Last edited:
Ok sounds good thanks yea got two hobs running on it a bubbler bar for added water movement the fish love it in the current.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389840282.329610.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389840297.209841.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389840309.906584.jpg
Also the close up of the plants can any I'd these and give me some info any help is appreciated. Tank still looks little empty gonna add a few silver hatchet fish later on and maybe some Cory's to got the neons today also

I would suggest java fern or anubias. As these are probably the two most easy to get hold of. Both of which should be attached to aquarium decor such as rock or wood I attach mine with cotton of a similar colour to the chosen decor. Do not plant these plants into your gravel/sand as there roots will rot/melt and the plant will die. I hope that helps. A nice piece of aquarium drift wood with java fern or anubias would be a nice centre piece for your tank, it will also help make your fish feel more comfortable.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of lights do you have?
I agree with java ferns. I am not a big fan of anubias because of how slow it grows, but it certainly can work. I also really like Amazon swords, though they get huge and would need to be trimmed. Also, wisteria grows well in all my low light tanks. Same with Java moss and hornwort. I have kept all of these in low light without ferts or any additional help. Though, I now use root tabs and I do suggest them for rooted plants.
If you just want some silk plants or rocks or other decor for the fish to hide in, that works too.

I have the flora max thing is I want something that would look well in the light because the tank has a dim tint due to the light. If I were to get java fern were should I place it in the tank

Back
Top Bottom