Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2021, 03:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Compatibility Questions

Okay, so, I'm not new to the hobby, and this is about an already-established tank, but I'm not sure what other board to put it in. Hope this is okay!

One of my tanks is a 5.5 gallon, planted, and currently it has 3 male guppies, 3 amano shrimp, 1 nerite, 3-5 assassin snails (to kill off those little pesty snails that are eating my plants), and a couple of golden eel kuhli loaches.

Now, here's the thing. I've been wanting to renovate and add different stock to this tank for a while.
I want to move the male guppies to a different tank, and get a group of least killifish. I have never had least killies before.

My question is: would the least killies be compatible with the amanos and/or the loaches, or would it be best to relocate the shrimp and/or loaches to different tanks as well? Would the amanos be a threat to the adult killifish? I kind of assume both the loaches as well as the shrimp would be a threat to the baby killies, though.

Also, kind of related: what would be the best kind of substrate for the killifish? Currently the substrate is a layer of normal aquarium gravel topped with a decent layer of larger, smooth gravel. Should I change it up or would that be suffifient?

Anyway. thank you in advance to those who reply?
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amano shrimp, compatibility, kuhli loach, least killifish, question, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com