Conflicting Profile advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fish can be a little expensive. If you order 6 fish through Ronbak you will end up paying $50 or so after shipping but he included 2 extra in my order (he said he does this normally) in case of DOA's (which he said has never happened with him). Another auction that caught my eye was this one: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwapisto&1168311003

The fish are a little cheaper and from the looks of the female in the pic you should receive some nice looking fish. Don't know about the shipping on this auction though...you'd have to ask. If they were the same price I would go with Ron's auction. He has a site with some pretty nice pics of his fish.

Ah, this is not a good time to be Canadian, according to the site Ronbak dosent ship outside of the US. But I will have a peek at the other sellers... Maybe I might get lucky!
Now I dont understand the site you sent me to but it looks like its up to $27.00 US per fish. Does Ronbak offer a multiple fish discount?

South American cichlids, like the Discus, and most of the other dwarf cichlids, usually prefer soft water, so salt should not be added to the water. The Central American cichlids, most of which are nasty and get really big, usually come from more alkaline water, but most don't need the salt additives.

It's the Rift Lake cichlids, like the Mbunas from Laka Malawi and the Tropheus from Lake Tanganyika that need the alkaline, mineral-rich water. So, if you decide to go with African Rift Lake cichlids, then you're going to have to find a source (or make some) for "liquid rock".

On the Blue Rams, I don't know how things are over there, but captive-bred Blue Rams are among the hardiest of the dwarf cichlids here. It's the wild-caught apistos that really need the major attention in terms of water quality.

fynnie said:
Ah, this is not a good time to be Canadian, according to the site Ronbak dosent ship outside of the US. But I will have a peek at the other sellers... Maybe I might get lucky!
Now I dont understand the site you sent me to but it looks like its up to $27.00 US per fish. Does Ronbak offer a multiple fish discount?

Oh, sorry I didn't realize that you lived in Canada. The shipping would probably be outrageous for you. I bet your total would be over $80 USD by the time you are done with the whole deal. The link (auction) that I sent you to was for 6 GBR's ALL for $16, or at least that is what the starting bid is. As for Ronbak's auction: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcichlids&1168387551 the auction is for SIX fish, but most likely he will provide 8. It states this in the body of the description. It says you either get 2 trios (2 males and 4 females) or 3 pairs. It is YOUR choice and you should let him know what you want. My guess as to why he won't ship outside of the US is because it can take a while to clear customs and the fish may die. He is very passionate about his fish, so this may be the reason he doesn't offer that option.

Well you know, if I did get 8 fish for $80 USD it would still only work out to just over $11 Can. Thats still alot cheaper then going through my LFS. And it would be from a good quality breeder. I have mailed Ronbak and am awaiting his reply.

Back
Top Bottom