Continuing help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys so I had an issue with ammonia and ph. Someone recommended prime and it worked great. My concern now is the ammonia is low but ph is still also low. I tested the water and have no presence of nitrate or nitrite is there something I'm doing wrong i have done a few water changes. Does the low ph contribute to the no nitrate or nitrite or are they separate issues. Thanks in advance you all are the best.

I'm no expert. Just read a lot. But I would swear that a ph that low will slow/stall a cycle. My ph was too low for my snails so I added coral/aragonite to my filter 1/2 cup for my 29g and it brought my ph up a full point.

Alright cool I'll look into that i have a 5 gallon tank. How will I know how much to put in.

Just add some and test to see how much the water changes. Add more if you have to then test again.

Im no expert but i've read somewhere that bumping up the heater also increases your ph and with higher heat it also improves beneficial bacteria a lot. This is when your doing a fishless cycle.

Back
Top Bottom