Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b.askew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Saturday I added dead rocks, and LR to my tank, then shortly added sand and LS. There is nothing else in the tank, only LR, dead rock, and LS. I have been testing for ammonia, everyday since Saturday and it has been 0 every day until today. Today I got the following readings.
NH4: .25
NO2: .25
NO3: 10
So I figured I was seeing the NH4, and NO2 because the tank was in cycling, I did not know that I would start to see NO3. Is this normal or do I need to do something else?

I can't speak for the LR and LS and how they affect parameters, but I have seen some NO3 with cycling even with NH4 and N02 readings. The NH4 should drop off soon and the N02 should rise as well. How long have you been cycling for? This is a SW tank I'm assuming? If so this will be better posted in the SW section and my advice may be completely inaccurate. LOL.

Yeah, its SW...I goofed when I posted here...once I realized what I did, I made an identical post in the SW section of the forum. Funny thing is, the only response I have gotten has been from you, in the FW section!

Back
Top Bottom