Cycling a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackpeanut

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I set up a new 29 gallon tank because I was excited. I currently have a 20 gallon but my Angel Fish needed more space. So the question is ...I want to start the cycling process but I am leaving on April 19 to go away and not returning till the 27th. I didn t want to start the process and then be gone for 8 days. I want to do the fishless way as I live 90 miles from a fish store. So anything I should do or could do now or put it all on hold and wait till I get back? I did take the old filter from my current 20 gallon and a two cups of rocks and put them in the new tank....

If you transfered the old filter media and rocks from the old tank .The cycling process in the new tank should have already started from the pre-existing bacteria from your old tank.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you.... but should I just leave it for the next two weeks ..? How do i keep the bacteria alive? Will it live that long?

Should I do it before I go away or after I get back.... My fear is something going wrong while gone.... Is a week enough time?

Back
Top Bottom