Cycling confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kandee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey! Got my 75g back up and running after 6yr dry spell. Went with a 110 ac for filter. Went with a fishless cycle. Ran it for about month dosing daily with seacham prime, sprinkling in fish food. I also bought "live crushed coral" with beneficial bacteria and to up my ph for keeping cichlids. I managed to get a bit of ammonia followed by nitrites twice, then everything kept going back to zero. I never obtained a nitrate reading. (Using api master kit) decided after 5 weeks to get some fish. I got 3, 1" electric yellows. They did amazing. Waited 2 weeks and added 5 more 1" peacocks. They are all doing great. Every 3rd day I test the water, fish have been in for about 3 weeks now & everything just sits at 0 basically lol. Is this my tank being efficient, or has it not cycled at all yet. I should at least have some nitrates showing up right? This past week I do also suddenly have some green algae so I started not having the light in so long.. any advice welcome. Am I headed for a suddenly big disaster of a cycle? Or do you think I'm ok? Thanx in advance

Back
Top Bottom