Cycling question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beamesmar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_4990.jpgI'm up for 2 weeks now, and after having way-high ammonia readings, I now have 0 ammonia, and off the chart Nitrites and Nitrates.

What's next?

Should I add ammonia to the tank or let it go and just wait?

View attachment 300297I'm up for 2 weeks now, and after having way-high ammonia readings, I now have 0 ammonia, and off the chart Nitrites and Nitrates.

What's next?

Should I add ammonia to the tank or let it go and just wait?

Do a large water change and keep adding ammonia until the nitrites start disappearing.

That's awesome nice tank. They'll start converting the nitrite after a week or so if they have ammonia then you're a water change away from 0 nitrates. You can absolutely use ammonia to kick start

Water changes are critical to tank cycling rather you do fishless or fish in. At this point you should change at least 25% and continue on with 10% changes every week. Remember that your bacteria colonies need more than just ammonia and nitrites; so, the sooner those normalize the sooner your fish can get in and start producing those "other" things in fish waste that bacteria will benefit from.

Back
Top Bottom