Cycling - Which fish to add next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmckey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So when I set up my aquarium (Friday, ~2.5 weeks ago) originally with new gravel/sand, established plants and filter media from a previously established tank, 15-20gal of established water with 30-35gal of new water w/ dechlorinator...

Tank Stats:

55 gal high tank
Rena XP2 filter w/ DIY CO2 inline diffusor on return
Spray Bar and intake tubes on seperate ends
heater keeping tank 78* constant
11 Danios (4 Zebra, 4 Pearl, 3 Purple Passion)
Coralife CF 36" 96 watt Light

Started with 2 Zebra Danios after a week of cycling w/ filter,plants, old/new water then added the others over the course of last week.

Tank seems to be doing well for only 2 weeks in, slight ammonia spikes after adding the new fish, but everything seems to be right about 0 otherwise. I'm going to give it another week or so with the current setup, maybe add a few more plants. But here's what all this is working up too:

Here's what I'm looking to eventually stock the tank with, of these which of these would be the best addidtion for 3 weeks in as far as hardiness/resilliance to the cycling fluctuations:

-Blue/Paradise/Honey Gourami ( 3-4 )
-Torpedo/Albino Tiger Barbs ( 6-8 )
-Cory Cats ( 4-6 )
-Kuhlis ( 4-6 )
-German Blue Rams (2 - I plan on getting these near last)
-Possibly: 2 Discus or Angelfish or other large fish

You may have some trouble with the Barbs and Gouramis. The Gouramis will be chasing each other around. Barbs are just aggressive in general from what I have seen in other people's tanks. It makes it difficult to feed the other fish sometimes because they are so quick.

Back
Top Bottom