Dad gave me old 75 gallon need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cody_Sebastian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my dad gave me this 75 gallon with a bio wheel filter and it does have a filter cartridge inside of it but it is about 3 years old and hasn't been ran in over 3 years.. Should i replace the whole thing ?

Also any ideas what i could do with it?

Sweet tank coby ,
Check to see if the filter runs,then get a new filter cartridge if it works
Might want to see if the tank holds water before you set it up
congratulations on your new tank,so many options
What are you thinking about doing with it?
Salt ,vinegar a blue scruby and a razor scrapper works wonders on a old glass tank.proceed with caution don't mess with the silicon , you'll be surprised how nice it will look

Sweet tank coby ,
Check to see if the filter runs,then get a new filter cartridge if it works
Might want to see if the tank holds water before you set it up
congratulations on your new tank,so many options
What are you thinking about doing with it?
Salt ,vinegar a blue scruby and a razor scrapper works wonders on a old glass tank.proceed with caution don't mess with the silicon , you'll be surprised how nice it will look

Thanks man. My 55 holds some guppies and some other fish at the moment. I'm not sure what to do with this one yet!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would just clean the tank up and do a fill test. clean it up and let it sit for 24 hours with water in it to get a good look at the seals. It might need to be resealed but without a close look it's hard to say.

As for stocking, we need to know what you like to make suggestions. We can throw ideas at you all day but in the end it all comes down to what makes you happy.

African Cichlids?
75748-albums12252-picture58744.jpg

Plants?
AApQQeE.jpg

Community?
Neontetra_tmy.JPG

Salt Water?
YTtJ3JH.jpg

Bigger fish?
p-42%20Large%20oscar.jpg

There's a ton you could do with a 75 gallon. Personally, I'd ditch the filter, and use some PVC, sponges and powerheads to set up a river tank for loaches- hillstream loaches, brookstream loaches and the like. It's a really uncommon setup but it's incredibly cool.

I've got an idea! UPS the tank to me because reasons... :brows:

Back
Top Bottom