day 10...finally a change...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello everybody...this is day 10 for my cycling 5 gal tank and i finally see a change...i just tested the water and ammonia is 0.50ppm after being stuck for 10 days at 0.25ppm...ph always de same and nitrites and nitrates are 0ppm...2 platies looking good...since i havent changed the water for 10 days (as recommended) i was wondering if i should let ammonia get to 1ppm before i do change the water or i should change it now.... :roll: keep in mind that my tap water has chloramine in it....can i just top up the amount i have been taking for testing with spring bottled water? i tested the bottle and ph is same as in tank and no ammonia nitrites or nitrates...label claims:
dissolved mineral salts 220ppm per 250mL serving
fluoride ions 0.3ppm
HCO3= 190ppm
CL= 1ppm
Mg =16ppm
Ca= 46ppm
K =1ppm
Na= 4ppm
SO4= 12ppm
theres a whole bunch of other stuff in the list but since the values are 0 thought id skip them...thanks....

Memory refresher: Water treatments (AquaPure) or other dechlorinators didn't remove your chloramines?

There's no harm in letting the ammonia get to 1ppm before you do a PWC. You are heading in the right direction.

:D

Back
Top Bottom