Day 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarterFisherman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So last night, day 13 of my 10 gallon fishless cycle, my ammonia was still holding at 4ppm and my nitrItes were at 0.

My son is losing interest

You should start to see some changes soon don't give up. It took me about a month to finish my fish less cycle at 4ppm. You could look into buying some active filter media at angels plus.

Our 10 gal tank took 2 weeks, just finished this past weekend. Did you crank your heat during this fishless cycle?

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
You should start to see some changes soon don't give up. It took me about a month to finish my fish less cycle at 4ppm. You could look into buying some active filter media at angels plus.

Angels plus? Is that an online store? Are there any drawbacks like possible contamination?

If you have some live plants you don't want to crank your heat too much past 82 just because they will start to wither. Angels plus is an online store and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
If you have some live plants

What are the benefits of having live plants? Do they speed up the fishless cycle? Do the fish benefit from them?

If you put live plants in make sure you lower that heat. Your getting very close to cycling by the sounds of it so if that is all you want live plants for you might want to wait.

Live plants live off the bad things in your tank (ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates) that being said live plants help maintain water quality for your fish in between water changes.

Back
Top Bottom