Decisions decisions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new 75 gallon tank, I have a few questions. First peaceful community tank? Pearl Guaramis, Cory catfish, and some live bearers? Or aggressive? Jack Dempseys, Green terrors? a mix? I just cant decide. Also has anyone ever used glass vases as a stacked cave? I have hundreds of big and small jars and vases of cobalt blue glass, could they be siliconed together to make a big cave pile? Would it be too unnatural for the fish to be comfortable? Any advice on stocking welcome! Also Im looking into getting a sun sun HW-402B canister filter with UV sterilizer alleged 264gph, has anyone used this? Is there a better filter I should use?

I've had experience with both cichlids and gouramis and I definitely prefer the cichlids. I think it is their aggressiveness and, generally they grow larger than the gouramis. But that is up to you, just make sure the aggressive tank doesn't get too aggressive. I haven't used glass vases or jars before, but I have seen glass objects glued together with silicone (aquarium safe) and there hasn't been too many problems, however it was only a little bit of glass made into a box. On the topic of the filter, I haven't used one, nor do I know anyone who has. But you'll make the best decision at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom