Digital thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller

Aquarium Advice Activist
I added a digital thermometer to go with the one attached on the outside of the tank which never seemed to incorrect. Now my digital one has a submerge probe that attached to tank with suction cup. I have it located away from the heater not even half way down . The outside digital read out constantly fluctuates 83.4. , then 82.4 and so on my tank being 5.5 gallon I do have a nice heater and have it set just above 79 degree mark for my betta. I read they can't be above 80 degrees. Should I get maybe a better one this is a Petco brand didn't cost that much. I would like to relax at lest where the temp is concerned.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can lower the temperature on the heater. If it is set at 79 and readings are 82-83 lower the setting to 75-76. This should bring the temperature down if the heater is off

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Does the tank have a hood? My Juwel (with hood) rises in temp the longer the lights are on. As for the temp in my nanotank without hood, it stays quite constant.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

It has a hood lights on daily off at night. The lights do create heat I didn't think of. I just want things right so there is no fluctuation in heat level. Once I figure this out I will have added knowledge of fish to my books.

No I have a betta so not much flow with the filter and I do have a small air stone bubbler at the side the probe is on.

Using a high tech digital probe I 'mapped' a heat map for the tank.
I found the optimum point was on the back about half way up. I have 3 thermometers in the tank (one the probe for the digital control unit). They all read different by 1-1,5C but when I put all three in a bucket together they all agreed. Proof that many tanks (especially large tanks with heavy landscaping and plant) have temperature zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom