Discus tank underway!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Haha I just got an email back from Kenny! I'm gonna check out what he has right now :) thanks roydooms!!!

You're welcome. He has the best customer service and really good quality discus.

Well the app isn't letting me load photos right now but I went out and bought 4 discus from Hidden Reef, my gf bought them for me as an early birthday present :) here's what I got

1 cobalt
1 red turqoise
1 blue diamond
1 Marlboro red

All in the QT right now :) as soon as I can I'll post pictures!

Its a good place for saltwater fish for sure. Not so much freshwater tho :/ and I thought theyd have more Discus to choose from but overall I liked it, huge place lol

Okay so its been 2 days since I've had the discus in the QT. They're doing fine, and eating well :) I do have one concern tho... the water is starting to get sudsy as if there's soap in the water. There is no soap in there, I rinsed it out before using it. My ammonia was at .25ppm but I did a huge WC so that should take care of that for now.

Any ideas as to why its becoming soapy looking? Discus giving off something?

Disregard last post, water seemed to clear up after 2 WC's

I've been trying to upload pictures on my phone of my Discus but the app keeps crashing on me :/ hopefully I can have em up soon to show everyone :)

Ok so my 29G QT I have is set up on the floor and my cat keeps trying to get my Discus, if I have to move them into the DT a lil quicker what precautions should I take?? Lol

All that I can really think of is do lots of water changes to make sure things are fine. Once all the levels are where they should be and have stayed there for a few days you could probably go back to the regular schedule. There are probably more things than that, but I'm no discus expert. Hopefully someone a bit more experienced will chime in......

bud29 said:
All that I can really think of is do lots of water changes to make sure things are fine. Once all the levels are where they should be and have stayed there for a few days you could probably go back to the regular schedule. There are probably more things than that, but I'm no discus expert. Hopefully someone a bit more experienced will chime in......

Yeah hopefully, they all look healthy in my QT, all eating like pigs lol just don't wanna take a chance with my cat lol

Well I added my discus into my DT yesterday and they all seem to be doing well so far, might have to turn down the flow on my filters tho.

And I also did 2 huge water changes before adding them into the tank so as of right now my tank is crystal clear and looks amazing :) really wish my app would let me add photos :/

bigbanker said:
!! I wish we could see

I know! :( every time I try to upload a picture it says the app "crashes" and has been reported lol guess that's a new bug they have to fix bc I've never had a problem with pictures before. I'll try n upload some tonight from my computer :)

DanS180 said:
I know! :( every time I try to upload a picture it says the app "crashes" and has been reported lol guess that's a new bug they have to fix bc I've never had a problem with pictures before. I'll try n upload some tonight from my computer :)

Does it say it crashes when you select the pic or after it says its uploaded 100% because I've had that happen and it had already gone through the whole loading bar thing, so I went ahead and posted it and the pic was there. -shrug-

bigbanker said:
Sometimes when my app crashes during picture loading I just try a couple of more times and it works

I wish that were the case for me lol I've tried so many times and it crashes every time lol

Back
Top Bottom