Discus tank underway!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paytertot said:
I would go for the bigger ones. What kinds are you getting?

Not sure yet, probably look at more tomorrow

Definitely thinking a cobalt, maybe a checkerboard, I want a blue snakeskin but they're expensive lol

I got a couple buddies with discus tanks and they have a couple different kinds of plecos in there high dollar exotics like L333s green phantoms magnum plecos and my buddy has a 220 gallon with a royal panaque in it with some salt queen pkecos and they are all fine they have there temps at 83-85

Greenphantom said:
I got a couple buddies with discus tanks and they have a couple different kinds of plecos in there high dollar exotics like L333s green phantoms magnum plecos and my buddy has a 220 gallon with a royal panaque in it with some salt queen pkecos and they are all fine they have there temps at 83-85

Interesting, guess I'll keep my options open with the plecos :) thanks!!

Went out today and picked up a few more lil buddies for now :)

1 Cory aggassizi (to go with his other buddy)
3 Cory Paleatus
1 Spotted Rubbernose Pleco
1 Bushynose(Bristle) Pleco

and added 2 more plants
1 Jungle Val
1 Contor. Val(its abbreviated on the receipt and forget how to spell it lol)

This is one of the plecos my friend keeps with his discus

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120622_164836.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120622_164836.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 96
Ok got a question... my white sand looks like its getting a darker color to it?? Anyone know what this is??

DanS180 said:
Ok got a question... my white sand looks like its getting a darker color to it?? Anyone know what this is??

Like how? It may just need cleaned, is it the sand itself or could it maybe be dirty ?

Like how? It may just need cleaned, is it the sand itself or could it maybe be dirty ?

yeah ya know what? lol it may just be dirty, i havent gravel vac'd this tank since i had it up, there was really no need to, it was sooo clean :) but i guess ill just vaccuum it tomorrow or something, no biggie.

btw tell me if you think this is a good price
6 Discus (all young adults ranging from 2.5"-4")

2 Alenquer
1 Cobalt
1 Mercury
1 Red Spotted Turk
1 HB Turk

$142 plus shipping & handling, good deal???

DanS180 said:
yeah ya know what? lol it may just be dirty, i havent gravel vac'd this tank since i had it up, there was really no need to, it was sooo clean :) but i guess ill just vaccuum it tomorrow or something, no biggie.

btw tell me if you think this is a good price
6 Discus (all young adults ranging from 2.5"-4")

2 Alenquer
1 Cobalt
1 Mercury
1 Red Spotted Turk
1 HB Turk

$142 plus shipping & handling, good deal???

Gunna be honest, I've never heard of any of those but the cobalt, but the price sounds great to me

I read somewhere in this thread that discus and plecos aren't a good mix?
I have a tank devoted to plecos and discus and they seem to be doing quite well together...
They were breed locally and are still quite young, is that why they aren't hiding?

Gunna be honest, I've never heard of any of those but the cobalt, but the price sounds great to me

well im gonna assume theres a lot of different species out there, I only knew of the few at my LFS lol until i got on the internet and saw all these different ones lol Now i just gotta wait til i can get some money together and ill purchase them bad boys :)

DanS180 said:
well im gonna assume theres a lot of different species out there, I only knew of the few at my LFS lol until i got on the internet and saw all these different ones lol Now i just gotta wait til i can get some money together and ill purchase them bad boys :)

Lol awesome. I have 3 pigeon bloods, a red melon, some random white and Orange one, and what I think are two snakeskins.

I read somewhere in this thread that discus and plecos aren't a good mix?
I have a tank devoted to plecos and discus and they seem to be doing quite well together...
They were breed locally and are still quite young, is that why they aren't hiding?

Hi there! yeah ive been hearing both sides of the story since i decided to do this tank lol I guess only time will tell... certain peoples plecos get along great and some others do not. so i decided to go with 2 plecos that people havent said anything bad about or actually have, hopefully it all works out for the best :D

Lol awesome. I have 3 pigeon bloods, a red melon, some random white and Orange one, and what I think are two snakeskins.

I would already own some if people didnt highly recommend buying 6 the first time lol I would have had 6 by now probably :banghead:... like if i dont buy 6 all at once, can i buy like 2 at once?? like 2 fish every 2 weeks?? i dunno lol

DanS180 said:
I would already own some if people didnt highly recommend buying 6 the first time lol I would have had 6 by now probably :banghead:... like if i dont buy 6 all at once, can i buy like 2 at once?? like 2 fish every 2 weeks?? i dunno lol

I wouldn't, its just always been my experience that they get along much better when introduced in larger numbers.

I wouldn't, its just always been my experience that they get along much better when introduced in larger numbers.

So what happens when i go to add others down the road?? are they not going to get along with the other ones?? lol

DanS180 said:
So what happens when i go to add others down the road?? are they not going to get along with the other ones?? lol

Hmm.. I've never had to add more after the initial group. Sorry :s I guess that's not a good question for me..

Back
Top Bottom