Do I have everything I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting a five gallon tank that comes with a power filter. I will buy gravel or substrate, a heater, maybe stuff for a bubbler ( air pump, tubing, and stone), and may e some live plants in the future. Is there anything else I might need to get going? I have a 10 gallon and got I going successfully.

Water dechlorinator, API liquid master test kit, fish food (at least 2 varieties), thermometer, gravel vacuum, small 1-2 gallon bucket or pitcher, fish net.

All necessities~!

I already have he dechlorinator, test kit, and food. Sorry I didn't mention that. I have big packs or everything so they will last longer. I have 2 betta food pellet bottles. ( I'm gonna put my betta in the new five gallon). So I already have my 1st fish, food, and dechlorinator. I might get a plant but one of my plants keeps falling apart ( the clip that holds it together isnt strong enough) so I might just use one of the parts of the plant. Do you think I need a CO2 unit? I don't think I'll need one for oneplant but I might add more.. I have three plants in my ten gallon without a CO2 unit and they do fine. I plan on cycling it somehow but in a book I bought it said that if you do fishless, it's bad to do with fish food because the decomposers that break it down can be harmful. I will get a thermometer, but I already have the bucket and gravel vacuum. I have a fish net but I'm gonna get another one because the one I have is tiny ( it's a brine shrimp net) and i need another one anyway.

You absolutely don't need CO2, lol! Only if you plan to do an extremely high-light, high-tech tank. It's just a 5 gallon right? So a couple low-light plants don't need any CO2.

Looks like you're all set other than that. Best of luck! If you want to vary its diet, then you can buy some frozen brine shrimp or freeze dried blood worms.

I will probably breed brine shrimp for the betta and other fish in my bettas current one gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom