do my eyes decieve me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg I just added ammonia today at 8:30 brand new everything on the tank and I added 11.5mL of ammonia and yes its day 2 now of the cycle. Turned every thing on yesterday

Have you tested your water source? Could the source of nitrites be from there? When I cycled my tank, I had everything brand new and it took two weeks for my nitrites to spike.

Have you tested your water source? Could the source of nitrites be from there? When I cycled my tank, I had everything brand new and it took two weeks for my nitrites to spike.

Yes I did yesterday and 0 traces of anything

So I did retest my tap water and tank water again for trites. Here are the results. Left vial is tap water right is tank water

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140211_215931.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140211_215931.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 104
Okay, finally this:
What decorations do you have? Rocks, driftwood? Could they leach chemicals back into the tank from any previous tank that they've been in?

Man that's crazy!

I know! I don't know how it happened. So far nitrites are surely but slowly rising. I'm gonna check in 5 hours and they should be at .50ppm and nitrates is showing a bit of a tinted Orangish color and ammo is slowly dropping as well

Back
Top Bottom