dont know what to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just moved my other 55g tank from my gpas and wanna add something but don't know what.
Stocking:
3- buenos aires tetra
4-serpae tetra
3- platinum tetra
5- zebra danios
1- black finned glass fish(rescued from petco, was being kept with oscars and green terrors)
3-female betas
1- pearl gourmai
1- bristlenose plecos
5- corys
3- cats(2 spotted rephaels and 1 striped and spotted raphael)

i know that the groumai and betas don't normally mix but they've been in the same tank for over a year and are great together and I do plan on filling the schools to 5(since that's worked for me the entire life of this tank) but I wanna add something else is there anything I could add.(I know I should add to the schools b4 thinking about another addition but my stocking list has been like this for over a year, except the cats,) I'm looking for a mid-upper level swimmer my bottom is active an IMO full. Any suggestions?

Idk if u have room but Glass catfish!!
And also hatchet fish are top dwellers that will add to the upper level. They're jumpers tho so u gotta have a good lid that covers the top good

I don't know the exact name, but what about those catfish that swim upside down? They hang out at the top as far as I understand.

ive never owned them but from what ive seen, they make frequent trips to the top but still are bottom dwellers.

jen31972 said:
I don't know the exact name, but what about those catfish that swim upside down? They hang out at the top as far as I understand.

Hehe...you mean upside down catfish

I would fill out that school of glass catfish, having one in a tank is not a very good way to keep them because they are very timid fish so a school makes them feel secure.

once you fill out the schools youll be pretty much stocked

I wasn't planning on fill out the schools only cause my stocking has been like this for over a year and every1 has seemed very happy the whole time the only school I might fill out is the glassfish if any of my lfs get them in since it's kinda hard to see the 1 I have unless u look really close. That's y I wanted to add something different.

I wasn't planning on fill out the schools only cause my stocking has been like this for over a year and every1 has seemed very happy the whole time the only school I might fill out is the glassfish if any of my lfs get them in since it's kinda hard to see the 1 I have unless u look really close. That's y I wanted to add something different.
you relly should get them up to six

The only way I can do that is if I order them from my lfs and if I do that I have to buy a min of 6 fish and I don't do online ordering for anything so the only way I can fill em out is if the lfs carrys them. That's another reason I wanted to keep the stock the way it is

Maybe another groumai would work? Honey or opiline or something other than the gold and blue ones

Back
Top Bottom