Dont let your toddler feed your fish. [emoji24]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinaml88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i told my daughter we had to feed the fish then go to bed. I went to the resrroo. And she went up before me. When i got upstairs this is what i walked up to. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji2356]
I decided the best course of action was to completely empty the tank and clean the gravel. I really hope theres enough good bacteria on the filter i saved to help the new tank be ok for my poor betta.
I got him out quick along with the 2 snails in there. It was a whole container of food at one time.
Note to self do not under any circumstances let the food and top of the tank be in reach of my 4 year old. [emoji849]20210111_185223.jpg20210111_185229.jpg

She used to try and give then people food and share her toys when they were in the living room which was her main play area. Now that they are out of sight she leaves them alone for the most part. Till today. [emoji58]
Haha haha! Good lesson. I've read about little kids feeding fish all kinds of ppl food too. Sharing is nice!

She used to try and give then people food and share her toys when they were in the living room which was her main play area. Now that they are out of sight she leaves them alone for the most part. Till today. [emoji58]
Haha! My wife said her nephew used to drop toys in there because the fish was bored

When I had my 29 gallon up north like over 35 years ago, our number one son poured a glass of milk into the tank. Wife called and told me what happened. Came home and it was all coagulated in one section. Just kinda scooped it out with a large cup, changed a little water and was on my way. Never lost a fish.

When I had my 29 gallon up north like over 35 years ago, our number one son poured a glass of milk into the tank. Wife called and told me what happened. Came home and it was all coagulated in one section. Just kinda scooped it out with a large cup, changed a little water and was on my way. Never lost a fish.
Haha! Lucky! That's awesome

She's being a helper. So cute, if frustrating.

My eldest sons almost killed their goldfish when they where just about her age doing the exact same thing. Its almost like its a right of passage.

Lol yes. She was so excited she fed them all by herself. [emoji23] she loves to sit by the tanks and watch them swim around i couldnt be mad at her. We had a talk and now she waits for me to help her feed them.

Back
Top Bottom