Double 115g thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have diatoms!!!

And will be working on tank 2 soon. Got the gravel last night

Oh yeah, and my fiance has been working on moonlighting :)

Last edited:
How high are those tanks? I'd imagine you'd need a snorkle to get to the bottoms (if you don't have one of those gopher-type grabber things). Anyways, it's looking great!

Are you buying the lacey rock from a landscaping place? If I remember correctly, lacey rock is very light, and since these places usually do it by pound, the higher price per pound will even out. :)

How high are those tanks? I'd imagine you'd need a snorkle to get to the bottoms (if you don't have one of those gopher-type grabber things). Anyways, it's looking great!

Are you buying the lacey rock from a landscaping place? If I remember correctly, lacey rock is very light, and since these places usually do it by pound, the higher price per pound will even out. :)

The tanks are 31 inches tall by 48 long by 18 wide.

My arms aren't long enough to mix the two sizes of gravel at the bottom so I used a piece of PVC pipe *lol* )will get pics soon. I do have some 18' feeding tweezers that I got from a herp site for planting my other tanks (they just might work for these tanks)

None of the landscaping places out here (within a 30 mile radius) carry lace rock, I have to get it from fish stores Uggh

I like this :) It looks really neat, cant wait to see them stocked. Have you ever though about the lack of ability to reach the sides that are together? Thats the only part that even remotely concerns me

I like this :) It looks really neat, cant wait to see them stocked. Have you ever though about the lack of ability to reach the sides that are together? Thats the only part that even remotely concerns me

You mean the two corners that meet in the "center" of the stand? Nah, I can reach the insides easily (well, except for short arms) the space behind them is actually a plant stand, don't know if you can see it.

We're still working on the fake plant layout for this one (this is the african cichlid tank) we moved our baby firemouths into it so they can grow out and be sold eventually. They are housed with about 100 feeder guppies. (and yeah, those are pantyhose on the filter intake bar. Don't want any babies sucked in)

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 1152.jpg
    1152.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 52
I so wish i had the space for this. If i was in my own place i would. I would start my breeding projects i want to do.

I so wish i had the space for this. If i was in my own place i would. I would start my breeding projects i want to do.

The only fish we actually wanted to breed are the rams. The firemouths were totally unexpected. The female has such flowing fins we thought she was a male too. Imagine our surprise when we saw the sand vibrating with wigglers *lol*

lol, i have amuch diffrent kind of fish i want to breed. Matter of fact 1 is a amphibian. A cacellian worm (Typhlonectes natans) and several species of hillstream loaches. 2 i would love to make a common aquarium item so that there wild counter parts would not be picked at so much.

Id imagine you would have a hard time getting the ptgmys to breed. With alll the current.

Back
Top Bottom