Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Dwarf Gourami, Blue Ram, and Angels?

So I have had large tanks in the past and always w/Angels. Starting up a new tank (cycling right now) trying to plan out tank mates. I would really like a pair of Angles and either Blue rams or Dwarf Gourami. I don't know as much about BRams or DG. Can all 3 of these species live together? I have heard that Rams can live w/Angels as can DG but don't know if they can all live together. Tank is 45 tall and I am planting it? Also conflicting info on how many of each species to get. I like a few color varieties of the DG. Some say you can have more than one in a tank some say no? Feeling confused.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

No Gourami's with angels I just did this to myself this week, years ago I had them together and assumed they would be fine. Come to find out I was very lucky! I bought some new Angels to put in with the Gourami he went bullistic and tore them up pretty bad.
Come to find out Gourami's are labyrinth fish and like betta's will attack anything with long fins, so unfortantly you will have to decide what you want more blue rams I've never had, so hopefully some can tell ya I don't know. What I have with my angels is a couple of orange platties and an upside down catfish, and some ghost shrimp now keep in mind my tank is a 30 gallon and newer so I'm taking it slow stocking it. I try to give each fish at least 2 gallons I try for more but occationally I have friends threatning to flush fish so I try to rescue them.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
Agree the tank needs to be big enough with a lot of plants to avoid to much eye contact. But even with that the chances of bite nipping are high
ejaramillo01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel, angels, blue ram, dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com