Dwarf Gourami, Blue Ram, and Angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Here Fishy Fishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have had large tanks in the past and always w/Angels. Starting up a new tank (cycling right now) trying to plan out tank mates. I would really like a pair of Angles and either Blue rams or Dwarf Gourami. I don't know as much about BRams or DG. Can all 3 of these species live together? I have heard that Rams can live w/Angels as can DG but don't know if they can all live together. Tank is 45 tall and I am planting it? Also conflicting info on how many of each species to get. I like a few color varieties of the DG. Some say you can have more than one in a tank some say no? Feeling confused.:confused:

No Gourami's with angels I just did this to myself this week, years ago I had them together and assumed they would be fine. Come to find out I was very lucky! I bought some new Angels to put in with the Gourami he went bullistic and tore them up pretty bad.
Come to find out Gourami's are labyrinth fish and like betta's will attack anything with long fins, so unfortantly you will have to decide what you want more blue rams I've never had, so hopefully some can tell ya I don't know. What I have with my angels is a couple of orange platties and an upside down catfish, and some ghost shrimp now keep in mind my tank is a 30 gallon and newer so I'm taking it slow stocking it. I try to give each fish at least 2 gallons I try for more but occationally I have friends threatning to flush fish so I try to rescue them.

Agree the tank needs to be big enough with a lot of plants to avoid to much eye contact. But even with that the chances of bite nipping are high

Back
Top Bottom