Easy sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the easiest sand substrate to maintain? Also my ph tends to be a little high so don't want anything to raise it.

I used play sand from my local wal-mart and mixed it with crushed coral seems too be doing fine for me

I used play sand in my 92g and it looks good but I find it hard to clean coz it's lighter than the crap I'm trying to siphon out lol

Yea I used that I'm my 35 but it's a bit dark :/ does the colour vary? I like the consistency of pool filter sand but I like light coloured sand if there is anything like that out there lol

All of the bags I've purchased (from the same store) were always off-white. I wouldn't call it a bit dark in the least, and I live 15 minutes from Siesta Key where the beach sand looks like sugar. It looks like beach sand to me, just a bit more on the beige side.

I have the tan sand they sell at PetSmart; forget the name brand, maybe CaribSea, I can't remember. It's a lighter sand (forgive the bad pic, I'm doing a bit of a rescape with the plants and it looks a bit sparse right now lol). It's not as cheap as PFS but it might be what you're looking for

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for all the replies, I'm from the uk so I hope I can get a lighter one. The tank looks cool that's what I'm looking for that kind of look :) I will try there the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom