empty 48 bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomanytanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an empty 48 bowfront all ready to go so anyone have any set up or style ideas. I have a 90 gal koi up and running, so im open to anything except salt for the 48.

My personal preference would be a heavily planted aquarium with lots of small fish. Micro Rasboras, Gertrude's Rainbow, and Dwarf Cories to name a few.

I am with purrbox that is exactly what I would do only I would have to add neon tetras and rummy nose tetras

I have no knowledge or experience with planted aquariums so any tips on how to get started would be great

Try low to medium light planted to begin with. There are plenty of threads and posts discussing low light tanks and suitable plants. This eases you into planted tanks..........

Check out the Planted Tank forum. There's lots of great information there. You can also check out the Articles section, there are several articles on planted tanks there as well. Once you've done some reading up, post questions about anything that you're still unclear about and we'll try to clarify it for you.

Back
Top Bottom