Ever witness a pea puffer with a betta successfully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marsh

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a planted tank (29 gallon) and a school of 5 neons, plus a male halfmoon Betta and a pea puffer.

There was a screen between them but the edges came loose, for 3 days no visible bullying between the two predators. The tank was overrun with pond snails, can't even find one, or any RCS. So mr pea puffer has been looking pretty fat.

I want to know your opinions, will these two eventually become violent? Nothing I have read suggests they are compatible yet they totally leave each other alone.

Thoughts? Warnings? I have an empty 12 long I was going to keep as a QT but could give to the pea puffer

i've never kept a betta and dwarf puffers before, but i've kept a veiled angelfish and four dwarf puffers in my current tank. there's obvious signs of nibbing going on by the looks of the fins on the angelfish, but so far one has not killed the order or critically wound the other. my neon tetras show the same signs of nibbing, although more severely for some reason. two have most of their tail fins nibbed away and their eventual death was complicated by the fact that they have dropsy. therefore i cannot conclusively say that the puffers are killing the other tankmates, but i can say they're nibbing like there's no tomorrow given the opportunity.

Thank you, I think the little snails kept him busy but I will probably set up another tank asap

Back
Top Bottom